As the interviewer, it is possible to conduct a poor interview for a possible canidate when one allows things such as first impressions, biases, personal preferences and judgements lead of they interview a canidate. Here are some pointers and errors to avoid when giving an interview:
• Making them feel pressured or rushed.
o The interviewee will not feel comfortable and will not perform at their very best.
• Being unprepared and unorganized
o It makes you look unprofessional.
• Being unfriendly, uptight, impersonable
• Not being able to properly inform the candidate about the company, position or answer questions.
• Asking closed ended questions and not properly selling the job postion to stong candidates.
THINGS TO AVOID AS THE INTERVIEWER
• Asking questions about gender, age, race, records, marital status.
o It would unethical and unfair for the interviewee, and would possibly appear unprofessional.
• Asking multiple questions in a row.
o The interviewee should have full focus on each question.
• Being inconsiderate of the interviewee
• Talking too much and not gain enough information about candidate.
• Flirting and saying inapproriate things to the interviewee.