Chef Daniel Davyduke
The VG Restaurant
A hyper-local mindset drives The VG Restaurant. Regional
ingredients are held in high esteem and paired with the
restaurant's own rooftop honey, produced in partnership with
Beeproject Apiaries. Chef Daniel folds honey into ricotta to add
subtle sweetness, elevating the muesli's nuttiness. It imparts
an irresistible golden hue to madeleines and a velvety finish to
1/3 cup Manitoba liquid honey
Bircher Muesli (prepare day in
1. In a bowl, mix together first four
ingredients. Top with cinnamon.
2. Place in an air-tight container
and refrigerate overnight.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine
first five ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together
remaining ingredients until brown
sugar and honey dissolve.
3. Fold the wet mixture into the dry
ingredients until well coated.
4. Place mixture on a sheet tray.
Bake at 250°F in 30-min increments
until completely dry.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
This bowl delivers an exciting
blend of textures for a juicy
3 cups oats
1 cup milk
1/2 cup apple juice
3 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
3/4 cup oats
ciao! / aug/sep / two thousand nineteen
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 Tbsp cornmeal
2 Tbsp sliced almonds
2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp Manitoba liquid honey
pinch of salt
3/4 cup hot water
2 tsp canola oil
8 cups whole milk
pinch of salt
2 3/4 Tbsp white vinegar
1. In a large pot, stir salt into milk.
Heat until liquid starts to boil.
2. Stir in vinegar. Simmer for 20 mins.
3. Line a mesh strainer with a
cheese cloth. Using a slotted
spoon, transfer curds into strainer.
Let excess liquid drain away.
4. Once drained, place cheese in a
mixing bowl and fold in honey.
5. Refrigerate in an airtight
container until needed.
1. In a bowl, place one row each of
muesli, granola and ricotta.
2. Garnish with berries as desired.
Yield 6 servings