Wildflower honey adds subtle floral
notes to these cookies.
7 egg yolks
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp Manitoba liquid honey
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a mixing bowl, whip together
egg yolks, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar and
honey to ribbon stage.
2. In a separate bowl, whip together
egg whites and 1/2 cup sugar to
soft peak stage.
3. In a third bowl, combine salt,
baking powder and flour.
4. Alternate folding dry ingredients
and egg yolk mixture into egg
whites, then fold in melted butter
5. Pipe mixture into madeleine molds.
6. Bake for 10 mins at 325°F. If
using fan-assisted oven, use low fan
Yield 40 cookies
A dusting of cocoa makes the
chocolate within even sweeter.
1 cup bittersweet chocolate,
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Manitoba liquid honey
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
25 chocolate sphere molds
1. In a large heat-safe bowl, place
the bittersweet chocolate.
2. In a small saucepan, heat heavy
cream and honey over medium
heat until it starts to boil.
3. Pour cream over the chocolate.
Whisk to combine. Don’t whisk too
quickly or air bubbles will form.
4. Once chocolate is melted, whisk
in butter. Ganache should appear
smooth and shiny.
5. Pour ganache into chocolate
shells. Toss truffles in cocoa
powder and freeze until ready to
Yield 25 truffles
ciao! / aug/sep / two thousand nineteen