A few start of
● Bus route information will be
mailed to families about a week
before school starts. If you do
not receive bus information call
● Students will use their current PIN
numbers for school lunches. New
students will receive a PIN number
as part of the registration process.
● Students are required to wear a
plain t-shirt, shorts and tennis
shoes for physical education class.
After-school athletics and activities
The Community School department offers a wide variety of after-school activities for students. A fee is charged for
some activities. Offerings vary from school to school depending on students’ interests. They include:
● Tackle Football
● Jazz Band
● Chess Club
● Math League
● Dance Team
● Multicultural Club
● School Newspaper
● Ski Club
● Future Problem
In general, students who spend more time on homework do better in
school. Completing homework regularly also helps students develop good
work habits and self-discipline.
● Help your child be organized with schoolwork. Encourage him or her to
write down all assignments in the Student Planner and check it regularly.
● Help your child work independently at home. Plan a daily routine with
a regular time for completing homework. Allow enough flexibility to
accommodate special activities such as music lessons, sports, etc.
● Provide a quiet place to study, away from the distraction of television and
technology such as cell phones, video games and social networking sites.
● Provide basic supplies and resources your child will need, such as
pencils, pens, paper and a dictionary. Other handy items include stapler,
paper clips, maps, a calculator, tape and a thesaurus.
● Show an interest in your child’s work and offer to take him or her to the
library or elsewhere to do research if needed.
● Student Council
● Video Club