USA East Music BULLETIN - WINTER 2018/19 - ISSUE 1 - Page 6
C O M P O S E R
C O N T E S T
2 0 1 9
The New York Staff Band is pleased to announce the second annual NYSB Composer Contest (Christmas).
Below you will find a description of the guidelines, eligibility and submission requirements for the
competition. Please direct all questions to Brindley Venables at [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All submissions must be received by 11:59 PM on April 15, 2019.
• ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to anyone, excluding current NYSB members.
• WINNING PRIZE: The winning piece will be published in the 85th American Band Journal
(Christmas edition) and recorded for the NYSB’s Christmas CD being released in 2020.
• SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: American Band Journal Scoring (See ABJ guidelines)
- score and parts (Sibelius, Finale or PDF formats only please); midi / mp3 file; and application
should be submitted to http://www.nysb.org/MusicMinistry/nysbcomposercontest
or emailed to [email protected] by April 15, 2019.
• ADJUDICATION: All submissions will be adjudicated by a panel from the
USA Eastern Territorial Music Department who will study each score and determine three finalists.
The New York Staff Band will then perform the pieces (in rehearsal) and vote for the winner.
All pieces must be sent by April 15, 2019 to [email protected]
or uploaded at http://www.nysb.org/MusicMinistry/nysbcomposercontest
• All applicants must submit the following:
I. Full brass band score and set of parts (Sibelius, Finale or PDF formats only please).
II. Midi file
III. Completed application form (online at http://www.nysb.org/MusicMinistry/nysbcomposercontest/).