These are key principles to follow after the release of the Penguin and Panda
algorithms – proper use of this information can save you thousands of dollars of
revenue per month on your websites. This is a compilation of critical success factors
needed to function on the Web – an all-in-one document essential for successful
1. Websites should have at least six pages of well written content of 400-800 words
per page and lots of related keywords on those pages.
2. Websites need a frequently asked questions (FAQ) page.
3. Websites should have customer reviews or customer testimonials.
4. Websites need an About Us page with pictures and a history of the business.
5. WordPress sites with the All in One SEO Plugin installed and switched on are
6. Keyword density of 2 to 5% - anything over 5% is too much.
7. Streamlined website structure (not too many ads on the upper fold).
8. No duplicate content or if so under a minimal amount.
9. Excess use of search tags at the bottom of a web page (with keywords listed) is
voted against by this algorithm.
10. Although Google ignores meta keywords, if you list more than 2-4 it can lead to a
11. The keywords tag isn’t used by search engines and in fact actually gives your
competitors data on the keywords you are targeting.
12. Internal link errors – broken links will penalize a site.