Social Media Policies Social Media Policy 2018 | Page 3
The administrator should use his or her best judgment regarding the
appropriateness of content and behavior.
• Do not post confidential information about the University, yourself
• Do not post anything threatening, obscene or that might be
construed as risqué.
• Do not post anything that violates privacy or intellectual property
laws. For instance, in regards to privacy, instructor comments
or grades on student material should not be posted, nor should
students be required to release private information. Regarding
intellectual property, please be aware of Copyright and Fair Use—
• Your posts represent your opinions, ideas and thoughts and should
be presented as such and not as those of Life University.
• Do not use the University name or logo to promote a cause, political
candidate, religious affiliation or product.
• Assume at all times that you are a representative of Life University.
• When posting quotes, whether directly or paraphrasing, or posting
borrowed images, always cite the original with a direct hyperlink.
• By posting content to any social media site, you represent that you
own or otherwise have all of the rights necessary to lawfully use that
content or that the use of the content is permitted by fair use. You
should not knowingly provide misleading or false information. By
becoming an official account, you agree you will indemnify and hold
the University harmless for any claims resulting from the content.
• Always identify yourself and your relationship to Life University.
• Life University retains the right to remove content for any reason,
including, but not limited to, content that it finds obscene,
threatening or a violation of local, state or federal law.