Full Name: Rachel S. Linden
Nicknames: Rowdy, Rochelle, Rach, Pumpkin
Favorite Color: Dark Blue/Black
Favorite Movie: Matrix Trilogy/Mission Impossible
Favorite Actor/Actress: Kate Winslet/Keanu Reeves
Favorite Pastime: Fiction Books/Drawing/Music
Favorite Music Artist: Billy Idol/Radiohead/Roxette
Favorite Teacher: Mrs. Varah, Mr. & Mrs. Moser
Favorite Author: Meg Cabot/Alycia Linwood
Favorite TV Show: Lost/Hawaii 5-0/MacGyver
Favorite Animal: Dog/Wolf
Favorite Subject: English/Art
Favorite Place to Shop: Dollar General/Mall
Favorite Hangout: My room (it is always peaceful & quiet)
Most Prized Possession: Camera/Necklaces
Favorite Thing to do with Friends: Go to the movies
Pets: Dogs- Boy, Sparky Cats- 4, not named
Favorite Book/Magazine: The Outsiders/Taste of Home
If You Could Be Anyone Else Who Would You Be?: Kiera Knightly because you
could make a lot of good movies. Billy Idol because you could sing/play in an
awesome band. Or Johnny Depp because you could make great movies for people to watch.
Advice for Underclassmen: Enjoy school and have fun while you are there.
Problem That Concerns You: Not having a lot of money
Favorite Sport: Badminton/Archery
Unique About You: That I am nice, quiet, and a team player
Plans After High School: Go to college to be some type of artist Extracurricular Activities: Circle of Friends
Favorite School Memory: Prom, and going to the Omaha Zoo with my CoF group.
Quote to Live By: “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
National Espresso Day
By: Rachel Linden
National Espresso Day is on November 23. Espresso is not a particular type of coffee bean or a particular roast, it is a drink.
Specifically it’s a particular type of coffee brewing method that uses high pressure to force nearly boiling water through finely
ground coffee in 20-30 seconds.Espresso machines use 132 pounds per square inch of pressure to extract coffee. One shot of
espresso requires 50 coffee beans. Espresso don’t have a set taste and the taste of the espresso varies with the amount of water,
pressured used, the coffee beans, and even the crema. Espresso was invented in the beginning of the 1990s during the industrial
revolution in Italy and Luigi Bezzera invented the solution to design a machine that would be able to deliver a concentrated cup of
coffee in less than 30 seconds.
Facts about Espresso
1. The Espresso has ⅓ less caffeine than drip coffee
2. The ideal brewing temp for espresso is 190 F to 195 F
3. Legend has it that in 9th century Ethiopian goat herder discovered coffee when he noticed how crazy the beans were
making his goats
4. New Yorkers drink almost 7 times more coffee than other cities in the U.S.
5. Coffee is a psychoactive. At high doses it can make you see things, it can also kill you.
6. The lethal dose of caffeine is roughly 100 cups of coffee.
7. On average men drink more coffee than women (1.7 cups per day vs 1.5 cups)
8. A French doctor in the 1600s suggested Cafe Au Laits for patients inspiring people to begin adding milk to coffee
9. French philosopher Voltaire is said to have drank 50 cups of coffee a day because he ruled
10. Hawaii is the only state to commercially grow coffee, 37% of coffee drinkers drink their coffee black; while 63% add
sweetener like sugar
Celebrate National Espresso day with a brewed cup of espresso.