EngIT TEACHING AND RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
This Scholarship supports graduate research students in Engineering or Information Technology .
For graduate research students enrolling in the Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) at the School of Engineering or School of Information Technology .
Recipients will be expected to formally teach in Monash University Malaysia and gain a record of teaching experience . You must :
• contribute an average of 10 hours of teaching related activities per week , including eight contact hours in tutorial or lab sessions during teaching periods of semesters ( lecturing is possible for an outstanding candidate )
• engage in other teaching related activities , such as marking during the examination period
• assume teaching duties for two semesters per year
• attend training in teaching workshops provided by the School and University , and meet the minimum performance standard ( SETU ).
Your teaching assignment will be managed by the Deputy Head of School ( Education ) in the School of Engineering or Associate Head of School ( Education ) in the School of Information Technology .
• You must meet the entry requirements for PhD studies and eligibility for the Graduate Research Excellence Scholarship ( see page 6 ), which includes H1 / H1E for your bachelor ’ s degree .
• You must possess a master ’ s degree ( by coursework or research ) in a relevant discipline ( engineering , computer science or information technology ), and be able to obtain a Teaching Permit from the Ministry of Higher Education .
• The application is open to Malaysians only .
• You must have engaged your main supervisor for your PhD studies before submitting an application .
• Prior experience in teaching is not mandatory but an advantage .
• 100 % tuition fee waiver up to 48 months . 1
• Monthly stipend of RM3640 , up to three years and three months full-time equivalent . 1
You must teach tutorials and labs in year 1 units and some year 2 units related to the disciplines . Refer to the Availability section for more details and visit monash . edu . my / scholarships for the list of units .
1 From the date of commencement or upon thesis submission , whichever is earlier .
Applications are open in April and December of every year . Please visit monash . edu . my / scholarships to submit your application . Successful applicants must submit their formal application for the PhD before March or July of the academic year .
MONASH PhD SCHOLARSHIP
A special scheme supported by KPM
This scholarship supports Malaysian government officials who are pursuing research in priority areas of research .
Up to 20 PhD scholarships worth of RM2.5 million are available to Malaysian government officials who are interested in pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) in priority areas of research from the following categories :
• Academic : Public university , politeknik ( polytechnic ) and kolej komuniti ( community college )
• Non-academic : From any division and of Grade 41 and above .
100 % tuition fee waiver .
You must :
• maintain satisfactory academic
• not receive any other form of sponsorship throughout the duration of your study .
• You must meet the minimum admission requirements ( academic and English language proficiency ) for the relevant research degree . In general , this is equivalent to a Distinction average ( Honours 2A ) from a recognised university in a relevant field . Selection is based on academic achievement for each discipline as determined by the University .
• You must be aged 45 years and below .
Application and closing dates
Applications are open throughout the year . Scholarships are limited and awarded to 20 recipients for full-time study .
To apply , please reach out to the School Research Office at your intended school of study . Visit monash . edu . my / scholarships for more information and contact details .