GRADUATE RESEARCH TUITION FEE WAIVER SCHOLARSHIP
( NEW STUDENTS )
This scholarship supports students who are pursuing graduate research .
Availability For graduate research students who are enrolling or in their first year of registration .
Benefits Up to a 100 % tuition fee waiver .
• You must meet the minimum academic qualification of Second Class Honours ( H2A ) or its equivalence ( H2AE ) recognised by the University
• Scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis
• You must not have completed a graduate research master or doctoral degree at the same course level ( e . g . you ’ re applying to undertake a second doctoral degree )
• If you ’ ve received a scholarship or financial assistance from an external sponsor ( s ), you must obtain prior approval from the Scholarship Office to confirm that there are no contradictory conditions from the sponsors . Consent from the University and sponsor ( s ) are required .
Conditions You must not receive any other form of financial assistance throughout the duration of your study .
Application To apply , please reach out to the School Research Office at your intended school of study .
Please visit monash . edu . my / scholarships for more information and contact details .
EngIT TEACHING AND RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
Tuition Fee Waiver and / or Stipend
This scholarship supports graduate research students in engineering or information technology .
Availability For graduate research students enrolling in the Doctor of Philosophy ( PhD ) at the School of Engineering or School of Information Technology .
Recipients will be expected to formally teach in Monash University Malaysia and gain a record of teaching experience . You must :
• contribute an average of 10 hours of teaching related activities per week , including eight contact hours in tutorial or lab sessions during teaching periods of semesters ( lecturing is possible for an outstanding candidate )
• engage in other teaching related activities , such as marking during the examination period
• assume teaching duties for two semesters per year
• attend training in teaching workshops provided by the School and University , and meet the minimum performance standard ( SETU ).
Your teaching assignment will be managed by the Deputy Head of School ( Education ) in the School of Engineering or Associate Head of School ( Education ) in the School of Information Technology .
• 100 % tuition fee waiver up to 48 months . 1
• Monthly stipend of RM3640 , up to six years and six months full-time equivalent . 1
• You must meet the entry requirements for PhD studies and eligibility for the Graduate Research Excellence Scholarship ( see page 9 ), which includes H1 / H1E for your bachelor ’ s degree .
• You must possess a master ’ s degree ( by coursework or research ) in a relevant discipline ( engineering , computer science or information technology ), and be able to obtain a Teaching Permit from the Ministry of Higher Education .
• The application is open to Malaysians only .
• You must have engaged your main supervisor for your PhD studies before submitting an application .
• Prior experience in teaching is not mandatory but an advantage .
Conditions You must teach tutorials and labs in year one units and some year two units related to the disciplines . Refer to the Availability section for more details and visit monash . edu . my / scholarships for the list of units .
Application Applications are open in April and December of every year . Please visit monash . edu . my / scholarships to submit your application . Successful applicants must submit their formal application for the PhD before March or July of the academic year .
1 From the date of commencement or upon thesis submission , whichever is earlier .