Pine Tree Village Newsletter June 2022(clone) - Page 5
DELEGATES MEETING HIGHLIGHTS • APRIL 22, 2020 • VIA TELEPHONE CONFERENCE CALL
ELECTED OFFICIALS’ REPORTS
STATE SENATOR LORI BERMAN:
• Is pleased that State, Federal and Local Officials are
working together to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
• It is anticipated that there will be a Special Session of the
Legislature and that the budget will have to be adjusted.
• If help is needed call: 561.292.6014.
STATE REPRESENTATIVE JOSEPH CASELLO:
• Reported that his office is assisting with unemployment
claims and small business loan application issues. If
anyone needs help call: 561.292.6015.
• Explained that his office is working with “Feeding South
Florida” to distribute food to those in need.
STATE ATTORNEY DAVE ARONBERG:
• Reported that the Courthouse is closed and there is no Jury
Duty at this time.
• Domestic Violence is up as are vehicle burglaries.
• The State Attorney’s office is working with PBSO to address
VICE-MAYOR ROBERT WEINROTH:
• Noted that Mayor Dave Kerner has been appointed to the
Governor’s Re-Open Florida Task Force.
• The County Health Department is discussing a phased-in
restart based upon specific benchmarks such as the
number of infections, hospitalizations, and deaths. Phased
in reopening will be: natural areas, golf courses, beaches
and then non-essential businesses.
COMMISSIONER MARY LOU BERGER:
• Commended the local hospitals and thanked PBSO & PBC
Fire Rescue personnel as well as her own staff.
PBC SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER KAREN BRILL:
• Praised Superintendent of Schools Dr. Fennoy for his
leadership in the face of the COVID-19 crisis.
FIRST RESPONDERS’ REPORTS
PBSO DISTRICT 6 CAPTAIN SHAWN EASTMAN:
• Records and reports are available by calling oremailing the
District 6 office.
• If called to a house the Deputies will ask residents to step
outside to maintain social distancing.
• All officers will bewearing PPE.
PBC FIRE RESCUE BATALLION CHIEF ANTHONY TOZZI:
• Reported that when 911 is called the First Responders are
attempting to determine whether the call is COVID-19
PBC FIRE RESCUE CHIEF OF OPERATIONS DOUG MCGLYNN:
• Reported that PBC Fire Rescue staff is assisting at COVID-
19 testing sites.
• Advised that the department is using social media sites to
educate the public on various COVID-19 related issues such
as how to properly remove gloves and how to use masks.
Highlights by Bruce Brodsky and Sharon Reuben
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS REPORT
SCHOOLS SUPERINTENDENT DONALD E. FENNOY II, Ed.D:
• District is 10th largest in the country with more than
• School districts throughout the state will continue distance
learning for the remainder of the school year. 65,000
computers have been distributed to students to support
• The District continues to refine its Instructional Continuity
Plan to meet the needs of all students, despite school
• Plans moving forward will also focus on mental health
supports for students and staff, as well as academic
recovery once physical school campuses re-open.
• Virtual graduation ceremonies will be held to
commemorate this milestone for our HS Seniors, but every
effort will be made to hold in-person celebrations once
safety can be guaranteed.
• School feeding sites serve 20,000 children per day and now
operate on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule. One
million meals have been served since the schools closed.
• Please continue to visit palmbeachschools.org/coronavirus
for the latest information.
INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
Master of Ceremonies State Attorney Dave Aronberg
• Recognized the First
Responders, Teachers and
Healthcare Workers for
• Noted that in spite of
continues to address issues
related to the Ag Reserve, Lisa De La Rionda
Roads, Schools, and the
Canyons Library and Park.
• Three retiring Board
members were recognized:
2 nd VP Steve Slade and
Directors Steve Oseroff
and Barbara Fink.
• Six Directors were
appointed and approved
by the Delegates via
Electronic Voting: Sam
Manuele, Victoria Morton,
Mel Morris, Debbie
Murphy, Gerri Seinberg
and Stan Sherman.
• On behalf of the Water &
Wetlands Committee, the
50 th Anniversary of Earth Next Meeting: May 20, 2020
Day (April 22, 2020) was via Teleconference Call.