But here ’ s the thing . What improves the way humans and businesses work doesn ’ t have to be magic , and it definitely doesn ’ t have to be another product update or app rollout either . While those frills help , they aren ’ t what separates a good business from one that flops .
What makes businesses great is the unmagical art of showing up daily and consistently , aligned and communicating .
Communication is a big differentiator and can distinguish an aligned business from a business that is working in chaos .
If you want to know if your business will operate long into the future , you don ’ t have to look far . You just have to observe — and improve — the basics : communication , focus , alignment , accountability , and how the team works together .
SO HOW DO YOU IMPROVE THE BASICS ? One thing ’ s for sure . It doesn ’ t take magic !
It takes Daily Huddles . Daily Huddles are the secret — and not-so-secret — magic that makes our business tick . It ’ s what has grown the legs on this business and made it what it is today .
At Tulip Media Group , when we do Daily Huddles , we go back to the basics by incorporating a communication routine into our days that allows our business and team to continue thriving .
WHAT ’ S A DAILY HUDDLE ?
Daily Huddles are the short , daily meetings that bring us together at the start of a workday . The meetings are brief , lasting no more than 15 minutes . They are designed to help us stay focused and aligned with Tulip Media ’ s vision and goals .
The meetings exist so we can ensure everyone is flying the business in the same direction — not in multiple different ones .
In Daily Huddles , we channel worldly magic that helps the business show up more effectively each day in a variety of different ways :
• Staying focused on daily tasks and long-term vision ;
• Aligning work with short-term goals and long-term vision ;
• Creating time and space where teams can have effective communication that allows everyone to stay on top of what is happening in the business ;
• Improving collaboration and teamwork ;
• Identifying and addressing issues before they become problems ;
• Fostering team cohesion and boosting morale ;
• Identifying and sharing best practices ;
• Creating a community and culture of accountability .
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN A DAILY HUDDLE
It helps to have one person running and organizing the Daily Huddle . At Tulip Media , a different employee takes their turn to run it each week .
Then , we all contribute to the meeting by :
• bringing questions for the company and teammates ;
• bringing an update on where you are in your work ;
• thinking about what is working and what isn ’ t ;
• coming prepared to talk about any roadblocks that are keeping you from progressing ; and
• remembering to talk about our successes too !
While the outcome of Daily Huddles is magical , the art is simple : it ’ s consistency , it ’ s communication , it ’ s focus , it ’ s teamwork , it ’ s collaboration .
Daily Huddles can be an important tool for any business as it leverages the art of simply showing up and communicating — an art lost in most organizations .
By holding these daily meetings and creating a communication routine , teams can stay informed , collaborate , and identify and address issues before they become problems .
In today ’ s fast-paced business environment , Daily Huddles can be a powerful way to help teams stay focused and achieve their goals . And that , folks , isn ’ t magic , but sometimes it sure feels like it .
Robyn Yao is a Digital Marketing Specialist at Tulip Media Group . Robyn works closely with our Client-Partners to help them grow with impactful marketing campaigns and strategies that produce results .
TULIPMEDIAGROUP . COM | 21