Welcome Back YLS
Please allow me to reintroduce the Palm Beach County Bar Association ’ s Young Lawyer ’ s Section . After more than a year of canceled in-person events and too many Zoom meetings to count , it seems that we are finally slowly and safely returning to normal . While we all navigate the postpandemic “ new normal ,” the 2021-2022 Bar year is sure to prove both exciting and challenging at the same time .
As the new President of YLS , I am eagerly looking forward to getting young lawyers reengaged in leadership opportunities , social events , and community service in whatever ways they feel comfortable . I intend to focus my presidency on enhancing and highlighting the diversity of YLS , improving professionalism and civility among younger lawyers , and finding ways to increase mentorship and professional opportunities for YLS members .
YLS puts on a number of events throughout the year , which we hope to continue this year , including :
• Adopt-A-School : YLS chooses a local school in need to donate school supplies to and hold a back-to-school bash
• Sidebar Series : a CLE luncheon series featuring panels comprised of judges and seasoned attorneys who discuss practical legal skills and emerging legal topics
• No Shave November : throughout the month of November , “ headliners ” don ’ t shave their facial hair while soliciting donations from friends , family , and colleagues to raise money for the Cancer Alliance for Help & Hope , Inc .
• 5k Run for Justice : a road race for those of all ages and all athletic levels that doubles as a fundraiser for the Palm Beach County Legal Aid Society
• Holiday Party for Foster Children : a holiday pizza party for the children of Friends of Foster Children of Palm Beach County – an organization that directly assists abused , neglected , or abandoned children in our local community
• Monthly networking receptions where members can socialize with other attorneys and judges to build and foster meaningful professional relationships Of course , we could not plan and implement any of these events without
the dedicated members of our YLS General Board . I encourage anyone interested in joining our Board to reach out to me or start attending our meetings ! The General Board meets once a month , usually on the second Tuesday of the month at 12pm . We have been conducting our meetings via Zoom , but will transition back to in-person meetings at the PBCBA office when we are able .
The success and impact of YLS depends on input from ALL of our members ! If you have any ideas about events YLS could host , topics YLS should address , suggestions on how YLS can improve , or just general interest in YLS , please reach out to me at ljohnson @ mccaberabin . com .
We Are Your Guardian of the Record . Introducing Court Reporting Services from LGW .
Professionalism . Timeliness . Accuracy . Commitment . LGW provides certified , skilled stenographers dedicated to working seamlessly with your team and ours . Fully integrated with LGW ’ s professional video production and trial graphics , support and technology experts , we are your complete trial litigation resource — from discovery through trial — combined with unparalleled 24 / 7 on-call client service you won ’ t find anywhere else .
PBCBA BAR BULLETIN
One Team from Start to Win .
Court Reporting | Legal Graphics | Legal Video | Courtroom Technology | Media Production
WEST PALM BEACH | ORLANDO | JACKSONVILLE | TAMPA | NEW ORLEANS | HOUSTON legalgraphicworks . com | 561-655-0678