• A completed letter of support from your Dean / Director of your nursing program
• A character reference from a faculty advisor
• Completion of three short essays ( included in application )
• Although you cannot advertise your campaign material until you are slated at the convention , you may gather them to prepare for the convention .
• Seek out a supportive and organized campaign manager ( NSNA student member ) who can help you manage your time .
• Create a phrase / slogan / platform to represents YOUR mission
• Familiarize yourself with campaign regulations
• Draft and practice your speech
The NSNA Convention is both an exciting and busy experience . With thorough preparation before the convention , you can decrease stress and allow yourself to luxuriate the campaign experience during the convention . My advice to you currently is to allow yourself to be genuine and enjoy every step of the campaign process while immersing yourself in the group of outstanding students around you ! If you have any questions about the application process , please do not hesitate to reach out to your NEC representative . The Nominating and Elections Committee is eager to assist you in this journey to leadership . n
Which election area are you in ? Contact your NEC member with any questions !
Isabella Allgaier , Chair necwest @ nsnainc . org WESTERN ELECTION AREA Alaska Arizona California Colorado Guam Hawaii Idaho Montana Nevada New Mexico Oregon Utah Washington Wyoming
Jessica Niebauer necnorth @ nsnainc . org NORTHERN ELECTION AREA Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Michigan Minnesota Missouri Nebraska North Dakota Ohio South Dakota Wisconsin
Jennifer Bustos necsouth @ nsnainc . org SOUTHERN ELECTION AREA Alabama Arkansas Florida Georgia Louisiana Mississippi North Carolina Oklahoma Puerto Rico South Carolina Tennessee Texas
Katie Perera neceast @ nsnainc . org EASTERN ELECTION AREA Connecticut District of Columbia Delaware Maine Maryland Massachusetts New Hampshire New Jersey New York Pennsylvania Rhode Island Vermont Virginia U . S . Virgin Islands West Virginia