45 YEARS OF TEXAS TEAMWORK
Welcome to the first Home Plate Update . This is a newsletter dedicated to informing you about everything happening with the new Texas Rangers ballpark and Texas Live ! development in Arlington ’ s Entertainment District .
Last November , the residents of Arlington overwhelming approved an extension of the City ’ s sales tax to cover half of the $ 1 billion Texas Rangers ballpark project . With that vote , Arlington made a commitment to our community ’ s future for generations to come .
" As we move forward , it ’ s important that everyone is informed about the new ballpark and the investment we ’ re making in Arlington ," City Marketing and Communications Manager Jay Warren said . " Think of the Home Plate Update as a regular progress report that informs about the project , celebrates milestones , highlights timelines and provides necessary transparency about the design / construction , contractors and financing ."
The Home Plate Update is a joint project by the City of Arlington ’ s Office of Communications and the Texas Rangers . We plan to publish a new edition every quarter from now until the new ballpark opens in 2020 . Every edition will be produced in a digital format , allowing for layers of additional content like videos , graphics , links to websites and project documents , and other supporting materials .
In addition to construction updates , you ' ll find regular features in every edition like :
• MWBE Spotlight : a profile of a minority-or women-owned business participating in the project ;
• By the Numbers : fun , fast facts about the project like the number of seats and the weight of building products ;
• Ask the Experts : an insightful conversation with the experts involved in the planning , design and construction of the ballpark ;
• Dreams Come True : a look back at the Texas Rangers ’ history in Arlington and milestone achievements with the club and community ; and ,
• Inside Texas Live !: a round-up of all the latest developments of this $ 250 million entertainment and hotel complex being built simultaneously with the new ballpark .