99 Reasons You Should go to Church This Weekend.
I grew up attending church. Many of my earliest memories are times spent at the church building, with church
people, or in church services. So when I meet people who aren’t regular attenders it’s a surprise to find that
sometimes they don’t know why you might be a part of it.
I got to thinking about this.
Why dro we go to church? What benefit is there in attending church regularly… for me, for you, for others?
One thing lead to another, and I realised the reasons are endless. I started to list them and soon discovered that
the exercise was a huge blessing.
So, why go to church? I’ve listed 99 reasons below.
Some of these reasons are serious and thought provoking, others are just fun… they’re not in any particular order and perhaps a portion of them won’t apply to you. Either way though, I hope you too will be encouraged by
my sharing of this list.
More than that – I pray it inspires you to not only attend church this weekend, but to serve and contribute. And
let’s all remember to invite others who may not know the incredible blessing that being a part of a local church
Why go to Church? Here’s my list of 99 reasons you should go to Church this weekend:
1. The Bible indicates it’s what we should do. (Hebrews 10:25)
2. You will have the opportunity to worship God.
3. You will likely have some of life big questions answered.
4. The preaching of the Bible will help set direction
for your life.
5. You will probably make some new friends.
6. You’ll probably see some old friends.
7. Being there is a sign of your discipleship.
8. Being there will encourage your pastors and leaders.
9. You’ll be encouraged in your walk with God.
10. You’ll likely encourage other people in their walk
11. If you’re single, you may meet someone.
12. It will help you define what you believe.
13. It will help you understand the Bible.
14. If you have kids, it will teach them to value God
and His Church.
15. People who attend church usually live longer (I
didn’t make this one up… google it!)
16. It will give you an outlet for service and ministry.
17. It can help you develop personal leadership.
6 October Edition
18. You’ll sing inspirational songs that will carry you
during the week.
19. It will encourage you that God is good (if it
doesn’t, it should).
20. It will help you to look outside yourself.
21. It will provide an opportunity to give financially
to those in need.
22. You’ll receive love from other people.
23. You’ll be able to show love toward others.
24. You’ll hear about the great things God is doing in
His Church locally and throughout the earth.
25. You’ll be prayed for.
26. You will be able to pray for others.
27. You’re likely to hear and be encouraged by answered prayers.
28. You will be able to give praise reports and share
stories of God working in your life.
29. You will be able to worship God with other likeminded people.
30. It’s an opportunity to introduce a friend who
doesn’t know Christ.
31. You’ve probably got nothing better to do. (Watching TV, or sleeping-in don’t count as better!)
32. Your family need you to go. ((0