Ebooks doTERRA eBook Essential Oils and Personal Care | Page 18
You can also make your own essential oil shaving cream to improve the shaving process. Simply follow the
dōTERRA Essential Oil Shaving Cream
1/3 cup shea butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil
5 drops Melaleuca oil
5 drops Peppermint oil
5 drops Sandalwood oil 1. Place all ingredients except for the essential oils in a double
2. Once the ingredients have melted, remove from heat and let
sit three minutes.
3. Add essential oils and stir until combined.
4. Let shaving cream rest until hard. (You can place it in the
refrigerator to speed up this process.)
5. Using hand mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
6. Place in a container that you can pull out each time you are
ready to shave.
Deodorant, perfume, and cologne
Due to their pleasant and potent aroma, essential oils are commonly used in the perfume industry. You can easily
make your own perfume or cologne at home by applying your favorite essential oils to your skin or clothes. For
example, you can apply Bergamot oil to the wrists and neck to enjoy its intense, fresh fragrance throughout the
day. Or, you can apply Geranium oil to the armpits after a sweaty workout or a day in the sun.
To make your own essential oil perfume at home, follow the instructions below.
DIY Essential Oil Perfume
with dōTERRA essential oils
1 tablespoon witch hazel
¼ cup water
10–30 drops of your favorite essential oil 1. Combine witch hazel and water into a small glass spray
bottle, and shake.
2. Add essential oils and mix thoroughly. (Floral and citrus
essential oils like Geranium, Jasmine, Rose, Ylang Ylang,
Bergamot, Grapefruit, and Wild Orange work well for perfume.
You can combine several essential oils together to create your
own personal perfume blend.)
3. Mist perfume over the body and clothes. Mix well before
Want to use essential oils for a natural cologne? Try some of the following combinations.
White Fir oil