Texas Workforce Commission Grants
Texas Workforce Commission
Skills Development Fund for Small Businesses
The Skills Development Fund is a job-training program providing training opportunities for Texas businesses and workers . Funding for the program is administered by the Texas Workforce Commission and implemented through collaboration among businesses , public community and technical colleges , Workforce Development Boards and economic development partners .
Grant Summary :
• Emphasizes training newly hired employees , those who have been hired by the business up to twelve months prior to the date that TWC receives an application .
• Pays up to $ 1,800 for each new employee being trained and $ 900 for existing employees per 12-month period .
• Funds training for full-time employees .
• All training must be provided by a public community or technical college .
• Training must be selected from active course catalogs / schedules — credit , continuing education , online or other available unpublished courses .
• Employers must pay the prevailing wages in the local labor market for the trainees funded under the grant .
The Skills Development Fund program assists businesses by financing the design and implementation of customized job-training projects to increase the skills levels and wages of the Texas workforce
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County : Hiring and Recruiting Assistance
Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County
Job Fairs and Hiring Events
Looking for the right talent but don ’ t know how to access it ? Workforce Solutions for Tarrant County is involved in monthly job fairs throughout Tarrant County . They offer personalized , one-on-one hiring events at each of our Workforce Centers . All job fairs and hiring events are marketed through their social media channels , in workforce centers and on their website calendar of events .
• Recruiting assistance / placement , this includes interview space at one of six Workforce Centers throughout Tarrant County
• Labor Market Information such as wage information , job descriptions , labor pool availability and local business trends . This information is an excellent planning tool for businesses and offered at no cost
• Outplacement services for companies who are restructuring , downsizing or closing