Occupational Safety & Health Administration ( OSHA )
U . S . Department of Labor Fort Worth Area Office | North Star II , Ste . 302 8713 Airport Freeway | Fort Worth , TX 76180 ( 817 ) 428-2470 www . osha . gov
OSHA ’ s Small Business Assistance website
provides numerous OSHA resources and information designed specifically for small business employers , including a safety and health handbook that includes an easy-to-follow guide for specific OSHA standards .
• The On-Site Consultation Program offers no-cost , confidential safety and occupational health advice to small and medium-sized businesses .
• The Safety and Health Achievement Recognition Program ( SHARP ) recognizes small business employers who operate an exemplary safety and health programs .
Wage and Hour Division ( WHD )
U . S . Department of Labor The Offices @ Brookhollow 1701 E . Lamar Blvd ., Suite 270 Arlington , TX 76006 817-861-2150 www . dol . gov / whd
Texas Workers ’ Compensation Commission
The Division of Workers ’ Compensation ( DWC ) oversees the administration and operation of the Texas workers ’ compensation system . DWC monitors compliance of all parties , taking enforcement action when necessary , to ensure that the Texas Workers ’ Compensation Act , Texas Labor Code , and other regulations regarding workers ’ compensation are implemented and enforced . According to Texas Labor Code section 402.021 , the goals of DWC are to ensure that :
• Each employee be treated with dignity and respect when injured on the job ;
• Each injured employee have access to a fair and accessible dispute resolution process ;
• Each injured employee have access to prompt , high-quality medical care ; and
• Each injured employee receive services to facilitate their return to work as soon as it is considered safe and appropriate by their health care provider .
The Wage and Hour Division is committed to providing employers with the tools they need to operate in compliance with the variety of labor laws enforced by the Division . WHD offers a number of useful compliance resources intended to provide employers with readily accessible , easyto-understand information relevant to both their rights and to their responsibilities under the law . From the interactive E-laws advisor to a complete library of free , downloadable workplace posters , the site offers employers critical information to guide them toward operating their businesses in full compliance with federal labor regulations .
The Fair Labor Standards Act ( FLSA ) establishes minimum wage , overtime pay , record keeping , and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in federal , state , and local governments .