Athletic Goals The Park District of Highland Park aspires to provide outstanding athletic programs and high-quality experiences for every athlete . A high-quality experience is one in which every athlete :
• Is coached using the principles of “ Positive Coaching ”
• Has fun playing the game
• Feels like an important part of the team regardless of performance
• Learns life lessons that have value beyond the playing field
• Learns the skills , tactics and strategies of the game and improves as a player
Our main customer service desk has moved to the Recreation Center of Highland Park 1207 Park Ave West | 847-831-3810 registrations @ pdhp . org
Mutual Friendship Request
We understand that many children participate in sports for social opportunities . For this reason , many parents request their children be paired on the same team with a friend . Additionally , parents often carpool with neighbors . While we understand these requests are important , it is challenging to meet every customer request and still run a fair and equitable league . Therefore , we have established a Mutual Friendship Request Policy . Mutual Friendship Requests are not with online registration , but you may still register online and then submit the friendship request form in person . Mutual Friendship Requests are only allowed for the following programs :
• Baseball Leagues for Grades K-2 ( Sluggers and Double A )
• Flag Football for Grades 1 & 2 ( Junior Giants ) Only one mutual friendship request is allowed per person . Both players must have the Mutual Friendship Request Form completed correctly and turned in by the registration deadline in order to be considered . Siblings will automatically be placed on the same teams unless otherwise requested . Other family members ( e . g . cousins ) must complete the Mutual Friendship Request Form . Mutual Friendship Request Forms may be found at pdhp . org / registration-forms / Please note : Due to the nature of the athletic programs , additional coach and carpool requests are not accepted .
Did you know
We offer private baseball lessons ?
All skill levels welcome ! Improve your game with our knowledgeable staff .
To learn more about private lesson program , contact Mike Divincenzo at 847-579-3198 or mdivincenzo @ pdhp . org
Become a Volunteer Coach !
Volunteering to coach a youth athletic team is a great way to be involved with the community and play an important role in providing a positive experience to our youth . The more parents are involved with the program , the more valuable the experience . It takes numerous coaches to provide each player with the attention they need to improve . All head coaches receive training in positive coaching techniques . Volunteers must complete an application and background check which may be found online or picked up at West Ridge Center , 636 Ridge Road .
Winter 2021-22 • Park District of Highland Park 11