Length of the trips vary from one hour to 12 to 14 days , he said , and the staff will demonstrate and show kayakers how to navigate the crafts . “ There are 13 different river trips available ,” Novak said .
Kayaking on the Pine River
Information : info @ crowwingkayaks . com , or 218-692-1200 .
Recreational possibilities in several areas
Other family-oriented day trips , including some suggestions for the inevitable rainy , non-lake days , are as follows :
BRAINERD / CROSS LAKE AREA :
• Paul Bunyan Land on This Old Farm Pioneer Village , 17553 Highway 18 , Brainerd , offers a 26-foot tall animated talking statue of Paul Bunyan , plus 27 rides ; 218-764-2524
• Gull Lake Cruises , 1100 Cragun ’ s Drive , Brainerd ; mbaker @ gulllakecruises . com , 218-831-0126 , or 833-232-0317
• Wildwedge Golf , Mini golf , maze and RV park , 32792 Paul Bunyan Trail , Pequot Lakes , includes a 10,000-square-foot wooden treasure hunt mystery maze ; 218-568-6995
• Northland Kart Kountry , 17568 State Highway 210 / 371 . Offers Nascar simulators , mini golf , 23- foot rock-climbing wall , Can-Am go-karts , Bullit Karts , Indy racing karts , junior karts , bungee bounce , 9D virtual reality , batting cages , video arcade , bumper boats , jump shot ( basketball on a trampoline ) and water balloon wars . 218-454-1602 .
• We Rock the Spectrum Kids Gym , 13495 Elder Drive , Baxter ; 218-454-0631