FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
n HOW DO I ACCESS THE WAYFINDER APPLICATION?
The free UAB Medicine Wayfinder app is available in a mobile version for iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) from the Apple
App Store and for Android devices from the Google Play Store. There is also a web version for desktop computers.
Search for “UAB Medicine Wayfinder” in your app store to download the app, or visit uabmedicine.org/wayfinder to
access the desktop version.
n WHAT DOES THE APPLICATION DO?
The Wayfinder app provides step-by-step directions to help you find locations in and around the UAB Medicine
campus. It also provides parking tips and directions back to your car.
n WHAT IF I DON’T KNOW THE NAME OF A LOCATION, CLINIC, OR BUILDING?
Wayfinder has a directory screen that lists buildings, providers, clinics, inpatient care units, emergency
departments, patient services, and amenities such as gift shops, dining options, and restrooms.
n DO I NEED WI-FI TO USE THE APP?
Once you have downloaded the free app, you do not need Wi-Fi or a network connection to use the Wayfinder
app on the UAB Medicine campus. However, you will need to turn on your Bluetooth (Phone settings > Bluetooth).
n DOES THE WAYFINDER APP TRACK ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
No, the app does not have the ability to track any personal, identifiable information.
n IS VOICE GUIDANCE AVAILABLE?
Yes, you can hear voice guidance by using earphones or increasing your phone’s volume. If not using earphones,
please keep the volume at a reasonable level in consideration of others.
n I DO NOT PLAN TO USE A MOBILE DEVICE DURING MY VISIT. CAN I PRINT PAPER DIRECTIONS?
The desktop version of Wayfinder allows you to print paper directions from any computer with Internet access
and a printer.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF THE APP IS NOT WORKING?
If you experience any issues with the app, try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your device.
2. Make sure you are in a public area or parking garage.
3. Quit the app, then launch it again.
4. Uninstall the app, then reinstall it from your device’s app store.
HOW DO I GET HELP WITH THE APP, REPORT PROBLEMS, OR PROVIDE FEEDBACK?
1. For help, click on the Help tile on the main screen of the app, or view more FAQs in the More section of the app.
2. To provide feedback, complete the survey located on the Feedback tile on the main screen of the app.
3. To report issues with the app, use the “Report any Issues” feature in the More section of the app.
4. You can stop by one of our Guest Services desks or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will
respond as soon as possible.