AT THE HOSPITAL
Upon arrival at UAB Callahan Eye Hospital, please check in at the first floor arrival desk. The receptionist
will provide you with further instructions.
PARKING. All patients may enter the UAB Callahan Eye Hospital parking deck from the University
Boulevard entrance. It is important to note that the first three levels of the deck are handicap accessible
and all patients must bring their pulled parking ticket into the facility for ticket validation by a member of
the UAB Callahan Eye Hospital admissions staff. If you do not bring your ticket with you to be validated,
you will be responsible for the full un-validated rate of $20.
After your surgery, please use the parking pay stations located on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th
floors. The 1st floor pay station can be used for cash or credit cards. All other pay stations are credit
card only. Your parking fee will be between $2 and $6, depending on how long you have been parked.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call (205) 325-8556.
Know Your Care Team
All hospital staff are required to wear a photo identification badge that displays their name and title. All
members of the care team are expected to introduce themselves, explain their role in your care, and
describe what you can expect during your visit. Please feel free to ask questions at any time.
Patient Experience Associates
This person is available to assist you and your family with any issues or concerns at any time during
your visit. Upon admission, you will be given a card with your patient experience associate’s name and
Health of Family Members/Visitors
If family members or visitors have an illness or feel that they may be coming down with something, they
are encouraged to stay home.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY
• You’ll be taken to the recovery area after your surgery. Recovery time can vary based on the type
and length of your procedure.
• One family member or friend will be allowed in the recovery area after you are fully awake.
• The nurse will review your discharge and home care instructions with you and/or your family
member or friend prior to discharge.
• Your surgeon may give you specific instructions after surgery. If you have questions, please
discuss them with a nurse before you go home.
Providing Feedback — We want to hear from you!
• After your surgery, you may receive a phone call from a member of our anesthesia staff. Our
anesthesia team is interested in hearing your feedback regarding your sedation, anesthesia, and
• You may also receive a patient satisfaction survey about your experience at UAB Callahan Eye
Hospital. We would greatly appreciate your response, as it helps us know what we do well and
what we can do better to improve the care we provide.
• If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or immediate feedback regarding your visit,
please call (205) 325-8678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UAB Callahan Eye Hospital