Keep your home and yourself
safe in the summer months
It’s summertime, and with longer light days, we spend
more time outdoors in the garden, or out and about
We’d like to remind residents to be extra vigilant and ensure the security
of their home and items.
Should you see or hear
anything suspicious in
your street, please report it
immediately to the Police:
• • Shut and lock doors and windows when you’re upstairs, in the garden or
just popped next door. Don’t leave the key in the front & back doors.
• • Keep your car and house keys away from windows and doors, in a
• • Shut and lock gates into your back garden, and secure sheds & garages.
• • Put away any items into your house, shed or garage.
• • Keep your vehicle locked, and lock any valuables in the boot.
• • If you have a key-less or proximity entry system, ensure that you store
the keys out-of-range within your house.
• • Don’t share your location and holidays on
social media; upload your posts and photos
after the event.
• • Use time switches on lamps, downstairs and
upstairs, at the front and back of the house.
Going away over the
summer leave period
If you are going away over the summer leave
period, remember to:
• • Cancel milk, papers, and other
• • Ensure sheds, garages, back/garden gates,
windows and doors are securely locked.
• • Use timer switches, upstairs and downstairs.
• • Tell your neighbours that you will be away,
and give them your contact number.
There is lots of safety & security advice for
your house/property, when on holiday, attending
festivals/events, keeping safe online, advice
for children/vehicles/pets, on the Gloucestershire
Police website www.gloucestershire.police.uk
– Staying Safe.
To keep your bicycle safe,
take a photograph of the
bicycle and its features,
record the serial/frame
number and any accessories/
mark it with a forensic kit,
and keep it secured and
locked inside a garage, shed
It is advisable to register
your bicycle, and this can be
done FOR FREE at
Groups / ARRC Community
the imjin SUMMER 2019