The Happiness Lab Delegate's Guide Chapter 5 — Body & Soul - Page 5
The National Sleep Foundation offers the
following ten tips for a good night’s sleep:
1. Maintain a regular bedtime and waketime
schedule, including at weekends.
2. Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, such as
soaking in a hot bath and then reading a book or
listening to soothing music.
3. Create a sleep-conducive environment that is
dark, quiet, comfortable, and cool.
4. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
5. Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex. It is
best to take work materials, computers, and TVs
out of the sleeping environment.
6. Finish eating at least two or three hours before
your regular bedtime.
7. Exercise regularly. It is ideal to complete your
workout at least a few hours before bedtime.
8. Avoid alcohol, nicotine, and caffeine close to
bedtime. These can contribute to poor sleep, keep
you awake, or disrupt sleep later in the night.
A good night’s sleep
9. We all know the importance of eating well.
Ensure that you regularly get your quota of fruit
and veg. It is also crucial to drink as much water as
10. Work with your partner to have good and