The Docket is
of the Sarasota
herein are the
property of the Sarasota County
Bar Association and may not be
reprinted without permission.
PUBLISHER: SCBA Executive
Director Holly Lipps
EDITORS: Mallory Moretti, Esq. and
Pamela Hernandez, Esq., Ernst &
DESIGN AND EDITORIAL
CONSULTATION: Peter M.
Gentile, petermichael associates
The Docket encourages submissions
of interest to SCBA members.
Contact the SCBA office via e-mail
(email@example.com) or phone
(861-8180) for further information.
The Docket is published 10 months
a year. Deadline is the first Friday of
the month preceding the month of
Sarasota County Bar Association
Board of Directors 2019–2020
n W. Andrew Clayton, Jr., President
firstname.lastname@example.org n Adria Jensen, Director
n Jennifer L. Grosso, President-Elect
Bentley & Bruning, P.A.
email@example.com n Dana B. Keane, Director
Keane & Keane
n Mark A. Haskins, Treasurer/Secretary
Mark A. Haskins, P.A.
firstname.lastname@example.org n Amanda R. Kison, Director
Bentley & Bruning, P.A.
n Nancy E. Cason, Immediate Past President
email@example.com n Bonnie L. Polk, Director
n Jeanne M. Bennett, Director
O’Brien & Bennett, P.A.
firstname.lastname@example.org n Neil T. Lyons, Director
n Stacy Dillard-Spahn, Director
Law Office of Robert L. Lincoln
Stacy.email@example.com n B
rian D. Goodrich, YLD President
Bentley & Bruning P.A.
n Edwin L. Ford, Director
Edwin L. Ford, P.A.
firstname.lastname@example.org n Bryan S. Kessler, SCD President
Berg & Kessler
n Jason Gaskill, Director
Inverso Law Grou
email@example.com n Holly Lipps, Executive Director
C an the law firm you refer your P ersonal i njury
Cases to answer yes to these 10 questions ?
1. Does the attorney try cases several times each year?
2. Does the attorney have the ability to show you recent trial results?
3. Does the attorney have over 20 years of experience working for the
insurance companies so that they have gained an insight into how to
oppose and/or sue the insurance companies?
4. Is the attorney Board Certified in Civil Trial Law?
5. Is the attorney AV rated by Martindale Hubbell?
6. Does the attorney have the financial strength to take on significant
7. Is the attorney located in the 12th judicial circuit?
8. Will the attorney pay you a referral fee in accordance with the rules
regulating the Florida Bar on every case no matter how big or small?*
9. Is the attorney available to speak with you at any point during the
referral to give you status updates as you request?
10. Is the attorney willing to take on challenging cases that other law
firms or attorneys may not be willing to handle or would turn down
due to the amount of work involved?
r efer your Cases to the m allard l aw f irm , beCause
our answer to these 10 questions is yes.
d amian m allard , e sq .
Mallard Law Firm, P.A.
889 North Washington Blvd.
Sarasota, Florida 34236
*Rules regulating the Florida Bar permit a 25% referral fee
without any involvement of the referral attorney other than
making the introduction to the client. Any additional fees
require court approval and involvement of the referring
attorney in the handling of the personal injury matter.