SYHealth HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices ENG June 2020 - Page 7
• Military and Veterans: If you are or were a member of the armed forces, we may release
Health Information about you to military command authorities as authorized or required by
• Law Enforcement: We may disclose health information purposes as required by law or in
response to a valid subpoena.
• Health Oversight Agencies and Public Health Authorities: If a member of our work
force or a BA believes in good faith that we have engaged in unlawful conduct or violated
professional or clinical standards and are potentially endangering one or more patients,
workers, and/or the public, they may disclose your health information to health oversight
agencies and/or public health authorities, such as the Department of Health and Human
Other uses and disclosures not described in this notice shall only be made with your prior
written authorization which authorization may be “revoked” by you at any time by providing
us with written notice of your revocation.
YOUR WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION
FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN THE ONES DESCRIBED ABOVE WE MAY ONLY USE OR
DISCLOSE YOUR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION WHEN YOU GIVE US YOUR WRITTEN
• Highly Confidential Information: Federal and state law require special privacy
protections for certain highly confidential information about you (“Highly Confidential
Information”), including your health information that is maintained in psychotherapy notes
or is about: (1) mental health and developmental disabilities services; (2) alcohol and drug
abuse prevention, treatment and referral; (3) HIV/AIDS testing, diagnosis or treatment; (4)
communicable disease(s); (5) genetic testing; (6) child abuse and neglect; (7) domestic or
elder abuse; or (8) sexual assault. In order for your Highly Confidential Information to be
disclosed for a purpose other than those permitted by law, your written authorization is
EXAMPLES REQUIRING YOUR AUTHORIZATION PRIOR TO DISCLOSURE
• Psychotherapy Notes: Your prior written authorization is required before we may
disclose health information contained in psychotherapy notes (except for treatment,
payment, and health care purposes, internal training programs, regulatory oversight
activities, upon request by coroner’s office, when otherwise required by law, and in defense
against legal actions).
• Marketing Purposes: Your prior written authorization is required before we may disclose
health information for marketing purposes.
• Sales purposes: Your prior written authorization is required before we may disclose
health information for sales purposes. SYHealth does not participate in the sale of PHI.
SYHealth | HIPAA - NPP