LETTER FROM THE DIRECTOR OF GOLF
BRAD ’ S BUGLE
Wow , by the time you read this I hope it finally stops raining . I have not seen a November this wet since in my 25 years down here ! We are so happy to get the positive feedback from the membership about how the North Course turned out . We felt positive about it and then you all confirmed it . So , as I said last month , “ if we can just keep improving , then we are on the right track ”!
We held off as long as we could with the sand bottles , but we did put them back on the carts and have had team members also helping with filling divots . Rakes have not yet gone back into the bunkers ; we are holding off on them a bit longer .
A couple special projects happened in November that we are very happy about :
• The bulkhead on 7 South had a washout issue that needed repair between the edge of the wood wall and the rocks . The results of this work will re-route run off water to the side of the green and out a new drain that was installed . This will stop the run-off from coming to the front of the green .
• A new cart path has been installed at the Greenside of 7 East .
• We built 2 new Green Tee boxes on 2 and 4 East .
As our season is kicking in , please see the following as key upcoming dates of golf interest : December Events :
• Wednesday , December 2 nd – Ladies League , Spanish Wells Cup
• Wednesday , December 9 th – Ladies League , Christmas Scramble with lunch , 9-n-Dine January Events :
• Sunday , January 3rd – Couples League
• Saturday , January 16th – Shootout for Men & Ladies
• Sunday , January 17th – Couples League
• Wednesday , January 20th – Ladies Old Pal – Rd . 1
• Wednesday , January 20th – 9 & Dine
• Thursday , January 21st & Friday , January 22nd – Men ’ s Member / Member
• Wednesday , January 27th – Ladies Old Pal – Rd . 2
Director of Golf