COUNSELORS CORNER CONTINUED…
College Admission Testing Standardized tests (SAT & ACT) provide colleges with a common measure to help them
make admission decisions. Additionally, they are one indicator of a student’s readiness to do college-level work. Test
scores may also be used as a criterion for awarding merit based financial aid
• The vast majority of higher education institutions accept both the SAT and the ACT for college admission and regard
them as equally valid. Most Nebraska colleges require the ACT.
• When students should take (or re-take) the ACT or SAT or both, depends on the students’ goals, whether it be
individual college requirements, college placement, and/or futures scholarship eligibility. It is best for students to
allow enough time to re-take a test if necessary.
• Students can register through the ACT web sites or mail in the registration.
• Fee waivers are available for students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch. Students may request fee waivers in
the guidance counselor’s office.
• The 6-digit high school code for Litchfield Public Schools is 281340
See the ACT Test Dates and Registration Deadlines!!!
2014 - 2015 ACT Test Dates
(Late Fee Required)
September 12, 2015
August 7, 2015
August 8–21, 2015
October 24, 2015
September 18, 2015
September 19–October 2, 2015
December 12, 2015
November 6, 2015
November 7–20, 2015
February 6, 2016*
January 8, 2016
January 9–15, 2016
April 9, 2016
March 4, 2016
March 5–18, 2016
June 11, 2016**
May 6, 2016
May 7–20, 2016
Exploring careers before you select a college will help you find the school that best fits your career interests and
goals. Follow these steps to get started:
Interests and Skills Assessments
To learn more about your interests and skills complete at least two interest or skill assessments to learn about careers
that might be a good match.
Use free online tools including:
H3.ne.gov (high wage, high skill, high demand jobs)
Use free assessment tools at EducationQuest:
Choices Interest Profiler
Career Cruising Profiler
Continued page 21…