Litchfield Guidance Counselor Corner
NAME: Cherie Kluender
SCHOOL: Litchfield Public Schools
CLASS: K-12 School Counselor
SCHOOL PHONE: (308)-446-2244 Ext. 423
There is a scholarship opportunity for students taking dual-enrollment college courses. Students participating
in dual-enrollment college courses or early admit programs, are encouraged to apply or the Access College
Early (ACE) Scholarship if they show financial need. This state and federally-funded scholarship will pay
tuition and mandatory fees at participating Nebraska colleges. Applications will be reviewed by Nebraska’s
Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE). If you have questions, contact myself or
Ritchie Morrow, Financial Aid Coordinator, CCPE, email@example.com or 402.471.0032.
It’s College Fair season! Juniors and seniors attend the
Broken Bow College Fair on Wednesday September 22, 2:00-3:00 at Broken Bow Public Schools. Seniors
will also attend the High School Career Day in Kearney at the National Guard Armory on Wednesday,
September 30, at 8:00-1:00
College Admission Testing
• Standardized tests (SAT & ACT) provide colleges with a common measure to help them make admission
decisions. Additionally, they are one indicator of a student’s readiness to do college-level work. Test scores
may also be used as a criterion for awarding merit based financial aid.
• The vast majority of higher education institutions accept both the SAT and the ACT for college admission
and regard them as equally valid. Most Nebraska colleges require the ACT
• When students should take (or re-take) the ACT or SAT or both, depends on the students’ goals, whether it
be individual college requirements, college placement, and/or futures scholarship eligibility. It is best for
students to allow enough time to re-take a test if necessary.
• Students can register through the ACT web sites or mail in the registration.
• Fee waivers are available for students who are eligible for free or reduced lunch. Students may request fee
waivers in the guidance counselor’s office.
• The 6-digit high school code for Litchfield Public Schools is 281340