School Library Month - April Activities 2019
1 2 3 4 5
8 9 10 11 12
Teen Lit Day
1:00 Out - Library NO SCHOOL
National Library Week - April 8-12
● Make posters promoting the library during library class - kickoff on Monday
● Anyone who checks out a book, reads it, and reviews it will be entered for prizes daily!
○ Review sheets will be on Mrs. Moser’s desks in each library
● Anyone caught reading throughout the week will get a small treat!
● Teen Lit Day - Thursday
○ Any HS student with a book checkout will be entered to win a free book
● DEAR Day - Friday
○ Can be individual reading or whole class read aloud
○ Continuous reading all day in elementary library
○ Treats for anyone who comes in to read
○ Sign up for 15 minute segments
■ 3 individual students can be reading OR bring your whole class.
○ Don’t break the chain - someone must always be reading!
○ Anyone reading will be entered to win a free book of their choice.
Golden Sowers - April 15th
● Voting K-6 (3/4 vote for picture and chapter books)
● Set up Voting Booths and hand out stickers
● Celebration for 3rd-6th graders who read all 10 chapter books
○ Go to the Cafe for appetizers and book tastings
○ Golden Sower Cookie