BACHELOR OF SCIENCE ( HONOURS )
KPT / JPT ( R2 / 421 / 6 / 0028 ) 10 / 25 - MQA / SWA0130
Gain a higher level of experience in independent analysis and research in your chosen field of expertise .
You can choose to pursue this additional one-year degree after the first three years of your undergraduate study .
Look forward to a rich intellectual experience and to developing a range of transferable skills for enhanced career opportunities . This course is also a stepping stone towards higher research qualifications in science , such as the Master of Science or Doctor of Philosophy .
Areas of specialisation
• Food science and technology
• Medical bioscience
• Medicinal chemistry
• Psychology ( February intake only )
• Tropical environmental biology
This course consists of a combination of coursework and research . In the coursework component you will develop advanced theoretical and / or technical knowledge of your discipline within science and research methodologies appropriate to your discipline . In the research component you will plan and execute a research project under the individual guidance of an academic supervisor .
• Medical bioscience research project ( 36 points )
• Honours coursework in medical bioscience ( 12 points )
• Psychology honours : research project ( 24 points )
• Statistics and data science for psychology ( six points )
• Ethical and professional issues in psychology ( six points )
• Psychological assessment and intervention ( six points )
• Psychology in society ( six points )
Tropical environmental biology
• Tropical environmental biology research project ( 36 points )
• Honours coursework in tropical environmental biology ( 12 points )
ELIGIBILITY Bachelor of Science or equivalent
Distinction ( 70 %) 1 , 2
English : Monash ’ s minimum requirements apply .
CAREER PATHS Our graduates work in areas such as :
• drug and pharmaceutical research
• food manufacturing processes
• chemical processes
• biotechnology product development
• clinical genetics
• clinical site management / clinical research
• environmental consulting
• environmental management
• food hygiene
February and July
RM44,805 Malaysian student
RM51,135 International student 2021 fees per year
• food product development .
• Biotechnology research project ( 36 points )
• Honours coursework in biotechnology ( 12 points )
Food science and technology
• Food science and technology research project ( 36 points )
• Honours coursework in food science and technology ( 12 points )
• Medicinal chemistry research project ( 36 points )
• Honours coursework in medicinal chemistry ( 12 points )
1 Average grade in 24 points of Level 3 units ( or equivalent ) in the intended honours discipline . 2 The units upon which admission to the Honours program is based must have been completed no more than five years prior to commencement of the course .