2 years ( full-time ) 4 years ( part-time )*
Throughout the year
( subject to availability of supervision )
MASTER OF ENGINEERING SCIENCE ( RESEARCH )
KPT / JPT ( R2 / 520 / 7 / 0042 ) 07 / 23 - MQA / SWA0112
RM42,333 Malaysian student
RM46,556 International student 2021 fees per year
CAREER PATHS As a Monash engineering research graduate , your career possibilities are not only exciting but also diverse . You can work in fields like :
• building and construction
• computer programming
• food processing
• industrial electronics
• power generation
• sustainable technologies
• transport .
* Part-time study is not available for international students .
This research degree is a truly global qualification that provides you with the grounding to delve deeply into engineering challenges and create solutions for the future .
During your candidature , you ’ ll develop specialised knowledge and skills in your chosen area that will enable you to address national issues and global needs , and improve the way of life in local communities . You ’ ll achieve this by undertaking substantial independent research on your chosen topic with support from a supervisory team and producing a major thesis that will make a contribution to the current body of knowledge .
Whether you want to get ahead in your career faster or improve your knowledge , this Monash postgraduate degree will give you a distinct advantage .
Areas of study
• Advanced materials
• Artificial intelligence
• Bioprocess engineering
• Bioinspired systems
• Critical infrastructure
• Engineering in medical and healthcare
• Environmental engineering
• Food and pharmaceutical processing
• Future wireless access technologies
• Intelligent lighting
• Management of natural resources and phenomena
• Optical communications and photonics
• Process modeling , simulation and optimisation
• Smart manufacturing and industry 4.0
• Sustainable drainage and flood management
• Sustainable transportation engineering
• Thermal management
• Waste management .
This course consists of a research and thesis component .
Bachelor of Engineering in an honours year in a relevant field
Upper H2B ( 65 %)
Qualifications / experience that the Graduate Research Committee considers equivalent to the above .