BACHELOR OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEERING ( HONOURS )
KPT / JPT ( R2 / 523 / 6 / 0081 ) 04 / 22 - MQA / FA7521
4 years February , July and October
RM48,101 Malaysian student
RM54,915 International student 2021 fees per year
This course is a unique blend of electronics , computer systems , electrical power and telecommunications engineering .
Electrical and computer systems engineering is an extremely diverse field , encompassing biomedical , computer systems , electronics , electrical power , AI , robotics and telecommunications . As an electrical and computer systems engineer , you ’ ll develop next-generation communication technologies , electronic sensors and devices , and smart solutions for various industries .
At Monash , you ’ re not limited to your core subjects . You can broaden your skill set in other exciting areas such as programming , artificial intelligence and machine learning . This will complement your third-year capstone unit where you ’ ll design and build a robot by integrating your knowledge in electronics , electro-mechanical systems , and microcontroller programming .
You ’ ll complete 108 points of core units and 36 points of electives to graduate . Units offered in levels two to four are listed below . Units have a value of six credit points , unless stated otherwise .
• Signals and systems
• Probability models in engineering
• Electrical circuits
• Computer organisation and programming
• Digital systems
• Advanced engineering mathematics
• Two elective units
• Engineering design
• Analogue electronics
• Electrical energy systems
• Computer systems
• Information and networks
• Engineering electromagnetics
• Two elective units
• Project A
• Project B
• Professional practice
• Control system design
• Four elective units
• Introduction to systems engineering
• Computer vision
• Communications systems
• Advanced control
• Advanced electromagnetics
• Electrical energy – generation and supply
• Organic electronics and microdevices
• Solid state lighting
• Real time embedded systems
• Large scale digital design
• Internet of things : Communication , data and security
• Smart grids
• Neural networks and deep learning
• Business / IT elective
Professionally accredited Industrial training
• A multifaceted degree unlike any other in Malaysia .
• Your research and final-year projects will be supported through four specialised labs where you can focus on deep learning , Internet of things , intelligent lighting , and micro and nano devices .
RECOMMENDATION Complete Computer organisation or Digital systems at level one .
CAREER PATHS You could work in a wide range of industries , including :
• power generation
• industrial and power electronics
• automation systems
• computer systems
• software engineering
• semiconductor technology
• technology consultancy .
I ’ ve been in the railway industry for five years , and my Monash degree helps me to stand out among my peers because of my exposure to a variety of subjects such as power systems , telecommunications and signalling . It made my knowledge very relevant to today ’ s needs .”
JOYCELYN CHAN SUE YEE
Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering ( Honours ) Interface Engineer , Bombardier Malaysia
Joycelyn is part of the team leading the design and build of the signalling system for the Sungai Buloh-Serdang-Putrajaya Mass Rapid Transit ( MRT ) line , working closely with colleagues from Malaysia , Thailand and USA .