4 years February , July and October
RM48,101 Malaysian student
RM54,915 International student 2021 fees per year
Professionally accredited Industrial training
COURSE HIGHLIGHT Delve into industry-driven and research-oriented projects .
RECOMMENDATION Complete Spatial communication in engineering at level one .
CAREER PATHS You ’ ll find challenging and rewarding opportunities in the following areas :
• government infrastructure projects
• water and wastewater industries
• construction and mining
• roads and traffic industries
• marine and resort developments
• property and land development
• consulting firms .
BACHELOR OF CIVIL ENGINEERING ( HONOURS )
KPT / JPT ( R / 520 / 6 / 0039 ) 01 / 23 - MQA / FA8848
Civil engineers design and improve infrastructure systems and processes that allow humans and nature to coexist with minimal impact .
Modern society couldn ’ t function without them . We need civil engineers to design and build higher-capacity transportation systems . We need them to construct larger commercial and industrial complexes . We need them for water supply and pollution control . We need efficient , cost-effective and innovative repair or replacement of civil infrastructure such as roads , bridges and buildings .
At Monash , we help you prepare for your civil engineering career early , with a focus on the fundamentals and a taste of industry experience through opportunities in the major fields .
You ’ ll complete 108 points of core units and 36 points of electives to graduate . Units offered in levels two to four are listed below . Units have a value of six credit points , unless stated otherwise .
• Structural mechanics
• Structural materials
• Geomechanics 1
• Water systems
• Transport and traffic engineering
• Advanced engineering mathematics
• Two elective units
• Engineering investigation
• Building structures and technology
• Geomechanics 2
• Groundwater and environmental geomechanics
• Engineering hydrology
• Structural design
• Two elective units
• Project management for civil engineers
• Project A
• Road engineering
• Bridge design and assessment
• Water treatment
• Civil engineering practice 4
• Two elective units ( recommended fourth year elective : Project B )
• Project B
• Advanced structural analysis
• Advanced structural design
• Ground hazards engineering
• Foundation engineering
• Integrated urban water management
• Water resources management
• Traffic systems
• One six points of free elective *
* Free electives may be taken from within the School or from a discipline offered by another school . Be sure to get your free electives approved by the Discipline Head .