ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
3 years February , July and October
RM37,132 Malaysian student
RM42,446 International student 2021 fees per year
Work integrated learning
CAREER PATHS You can pursue a career in :
• journalism , publishing , editing , writing , electronic media , public relations , corporate communications and non-governmental organisations
• marketing , advertising , business research and analysis
• management consulting , international trade , human resources , training and development , management and administration
• diplomacy , foreign affairs and politics
• tourism , hospitality and entertainment
• production , direction , film , television and video .
Creativity , critical thinking , and human intuition will always be relevant .
Click to watch
BACHELOR OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
KPT / JPT ( R2 / 220 / 6 / 0014 ) 01 / 26 - MQA / SWA0103
Open yourself to new and critical ways of thinking , and become enterprising and passionate advocates for social change .
This course exposes you to important skills that can be transferred to your future workplace . In the process , you ’ ll hone your capabilities to access reliable and trustworthy sources of information , and to interpret and critically evaluate important facts , opinions and key debates which you ’ ll then communicate through critical writing .
You ’ ll develop awareness of important issues and debates in areas such as gender and sexuality , politics , history and contemporary global challenges , human psychology , new developments in media and communication practices , and the study of screen , film and television .
Areas of study
There are five majors you can choose from . You can also add a second major , which will give you two areas of expertise .
• Film , television and screen studies
• Gender studies
• Global studies
• Psychology .
Additionally , you ’ re required to take a minor to complement your major . As with the major , you can also choose to do a second minor ( see course structure ). The majors listed above can also double up as minors if you did not choose them as your majors , or you can opt to do the following minors :
• Public relations
• Writing .
The course is made up of 24 units of study , eight for each academic year . These units are divided up as follows :
• The major – Eight units from the same area of study .
• The minor – Four units from the same area of study ( and must be different from your major ).
• Electives from Arts – Four units from any area of study in Arts .
• Free electives – Eight units from the same area of study or from different areas . The free electives allow you to structure your course in such a way that you can add either another major area of study , or two minor areas of study , or a combination of one other minor plus electives . Alternatively , you can also take units from other faculties .
Qualification Monash University Foundation Year 1 60 % GCE A Level 7 ATAR 70 Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education 16 Indian School Certificate Examination 60 % All India Senior School Certificate Examination 66 % SMA3 , Indonesia International Baccalaureate Diploma ( IB Diploma ) 25 STPM , Malaysia 7.3 UEC , Malaysia 6
Program Matrikulasi ( Matriculation Program ), Malaysia 2
Ontario Secondary School Diploma 75.4 %
Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education ( Advanced Level ) 9
High School Diploma , Vietnam 8 UNSW Foundation Studies 6.5 Foundation in Arts , Sunway College 60 %
Foundation in Science and Technology , Sunway College 60 %
Diploma of Higher Education Studies ( DHES ) 2 50 % Monash College Diploma Part 1 3 , 4 80 % Monash College Diploma Part 2 2 , 3 50 %
English : Monash ’ s minimum requirements apply .
1 The undergraduate entry requirements published in this guide are for students commencing the MUFY program in 2021 . 2 Diploma of Higher Education Studies and Monash College Diploma Part 2 provide a pathway into the second year of the corresponding undergraduate studies . 3 The Monash College Diploma Part 1 and 2 entry requirements published in this guide are for students commencing their undergraduate destination degree in 2021 . 4 Monash College Diploma Part 1 provides a pathway into the first year of the corresponding undergraduate studies . ∆ Please refer to priorstudy . monash . edu / prior-study / for the entry score .