ChefMLK: Top 10 Accolades in 11 points
1. Vice -President of the Worldchefs - World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS).
2. World Association of Chefs' Societies (WACS) accredited international judge. In 2016, Chef Martin Kobald’s judging accreditation was renewed at WACS’s judging seminar in Istanbul.
3. Honorary President of South African Chefs Association (SACA).
4. Awarded Honorary Member Awards Emirates Culinary Guilds 2015, Abu Dhabi and Jordanian Chefs Association 2015; Jordan.
5. Head judge and national coordinator of the Shoprite/Checkers Championship Boerewors competition since 2002
6. Owner of his own cooking school, ChefMLK School of Cooking (Johannesburg, Durban, Windhoek), and business, ChefMLK food and beverages consulting.
7. Convenor of Bidvest-World Chefs Tour Against Hunger.
8. Accredited Global Master Chef (2014).
9. Global operations manager and lead judge of Global Pizza Challenge.
10. Celebrity judge on SABC3’s Clover’s Little Big Cook Off seasons 1 (2014) and 2 (2015). Championship chef on Chopped SA 2015 to raise funds for World Chefs Tour against Hunger and starred on Kyknet’s Bring n Braai from 2013-2015.
11. Chef Martin Kobald climbed Kilimanjaro as part of the ‘SA Chefs Climb Kilimanjaro Against Hunger 2013’ initiative.