Retailer Web Services Digital Advisor Fall 2017 - Page 11
Q. What is the most important thing retailers in your industry should do right now to prepare
to compete with Amazon?
“Dealers need to continue to promote their
business, allocate the correct advertising funds
and should rely heavily on digital advertising.
They need to be aggressive, have a willingness
to change and a price match promise.”
- Robert Balzano, executive director of
merchandising, New England Appliance and
Electronic Group, Franklin, Mass.
“Improve service, delivery times and quick
availability of products.”
- Jay Behar, owner, Behar’s Furniture, Everett, Wash.
“Relationships, superior in-store experience
and convenience for local customers.
Convenience includes refining the ease
of use of our website. Search field must
produce accurate results, product pages
should have accurate and comprehensive
data, check out needs to be quick and easy,
and delivery dates need to be clear.”
-Greg Law, owner, Sweet Dreams Mattress &
Furniture, Charlotte/Lake Norman, N.C.
DO MORE DIGITAL MARKETING WITH LESS EFFORT
• Pre-loaded product data for 1,200 brands
and 2.5 million SKUs
• De-anonymization gathers prospects’
names and emails
• Progressive profiling tracks what prospects
view on site
• Automated promotions run for GE, Sealy,
Coaster and more
• Abandoned cart and re-marketing emails
draw prospects back