Renown Health 2023 High School Volunteer Program
Program Dates : June 19 th - August 4 th 2023
Who is this program designed for : High School students who will be starting their Sophomore , Junior and Senior year in fall of 2023 , ready to explore the medical field . Applications for Seniors graduating summer 2023 will be routed to college volunteer program .
What you can expect : Assisting patients , visitors and staff at Renown Regional Medical Center . Focus will be placed on communication skills and getting a well rounded hospital experience . Please note , this is not a job shadowing program .
What ' s in it for you ?
• Enhance your communication , customer service and critical thinking skills
• Work as a team and build relationships
• Take responsibility- The people you volunteer for depend on you
• Have a place to go , have fun and be busy doing something worthwhile
• Enhance your resume and boost your college application
• Feel good , knowing you have the power to make a difference in someone ’ s life
What will our volunteers do ?
• Learn to work at one of our Welcome Desks
• Greet and escort patients and family to their destinations within the hospital
• Visit rooms and lobbies to interact with patients and visitors
• Help with running errands , office tasks , delivering mail and flowers
Qualifications and Requirements :
• Completed application , consent form and cover letter form
• Ability to complete a scheduled shift of 2 hours once per week
• Complete orientation / training
• Pass a background check
• Medical Clearance appointment to verify updated vaccinations
• Attendance note : If you are taking an extended vacation over summer break , we will not be able to accept your application . Excessive absenteeism will result in termination from the program