Secondary Technical Education Program [ STEP ]
Specialty School PROGRAMS
Anoka-Hennepin high school
Secondary Technical Education Program [ STEP ] is a high school specialty program in a college setting where students can explore careers , take academic courses , and have the opportunity to earn high school and college credit .
Grades Eligible : 10 , 11 , and 12
STEP is for you if :
• You are in 10th , 11th , or 12th grade
• Expectations and pace of classes closely match college experience
• You want to explore advanced career and technical education
• You are ready to prepare for highly skilled workplaces
Other information :
• Students who attend STEP may drive or take the bus to and from their home high school
• Students in 11th and 12th grade may attend STEP full-time
• Students in 10th , 11th and 12th grade may attend STEP part-time
What is Anoka-Hennepin Virtual Academy ?
Anoka-Hennepin Virtual Academy ( AHVA ) is a credentialed K-12 learning provider through the state of Minnesota that uses the approved Anoka-Hennepin curriculum . AHVA offers a complete * high school curriculum that meets the state and district ’ s graduation requirements . AHVA High School offers student support services and follows district policies for in-district transfers , open enrollment , and student performance standards . Computers will be provided to students who need them and learning will be supported by an enhanced technology platform . Anoka-Hennepin Virtual Academy students receive support from a team of licensed education and guidance professionals . This experienced staff is committed to meeting the academic , social , and post-secondary needs of each Virtual Academy student . Classes meet in a combination of synchronous and asynchronous sessions .
AHVA ’ s administrative office is based at Anoka-Hennepin ’ s Secondary Technical Education Program ( STEP ) on the grounds of Anoka Technical College , 1353 W . Hwy 10 , Anoka .
If you have questions , you can find out more on the Anoka-Hennepin website or call 763-433-4040 .
* AHVA is not able to offer all of the elective classes that the traditional high schools do .
18 High School Registration Guide