Center for Science , Technology ,
Engineering , Arts and Math [ STEAM ]
@ Anoka High School
The STEAM Program leverages cutting-edge technology and creative problem solving in order to successfully engage students . The program focuses on the real-world application of our classroom learning , hands-on interactive experiences , making connections between disciplines , and building relationships between peers , teachers , and industry professionals . Our students have the opportunity to delve into 3D modeling , design and fabrication , dance , engineering and robotics , photo / video / digital media , music , and more .
Applications accepted for Grade 9 * Grade 10 applications accepted if there is available space
• STEAM certification on transcripts and medal at graduation
• Priority access to the Makerspace and its equipment
• Career and industry field trips
• Digital portfolio-building for college and careers
• Annual STEAM Showcase participation
• Professional mentors and networking opportunities
• Earn AP and articulated college credit in a variety of elective courses
Specialty School PROGRAMS
STEAM Intended Audience
For freshmen entering the STEAM program ( In addition to required high school courses ) STEAM Foundations STEAM Computer Skills Sophomores in the STEAM program should enroll in :
( In addition to required high school courses ) STEAM Studio Lab A & B Juniors in the STEAM program should enroll in : STEAM English 11 A & B ( or the AP option ) Seniors in the STEAM program should enroll in : STEAM English 12 A & B ( or the college-credit option ) STEAM Honors Design and Development A & B or internship
* This program can accommodate Music , AVID , World Language , and AP / PSEO .
Students who fulfill program requirements earn STEAM Certification on their transcript , receive a medal at graduation , and will leave with a digital portfolio of their work .
For more information go to : ahschools . us / ahssteam or contact the STEAM coordinator at 763-506-6399 .
* More information regarding applying for the STEAM program is available at nws . k12 . mn . us or by calling 763-450-1300
14 High School Registration Guide