Digital Videography I Intended Audience : Grades 9 , 10 , 11 , and 12 Credit : One trimester = 0.5 credit Major Outcomes :
• Course work will focus on the basics of Digital Videography , Pre-Production , Production , and Post Production Editing as it applies to the Videography field in both freelance and industry settings .
• Introduction to Adobe™ Premiere Pro CC and Adobe™ After Effects ( industry standard software ).
• Images will be taken with , and technical training will be provided for ; DSLR and Video Cameras , GoPros , and smartphones ( Apple and Android ).
Instructional Focus : Shooting videos in various settings on campus , in and out of the lab , and off campus either as a work assignment or field trip .
Graphic Design I
Intended Audience : Grades 9 , 10 , 11 , and 12 Credit : One trimester = 0.5 credit Major Outcomes :
• Course work will focus on the basics of design composition , use of software to create digital copies of design and application of designs to items ( substrate ).
• Introduction to Adobe Illustrator , Adobe Photoshop , and presentation style software such as google slides for presenting creative ideas to an audience .
• Students will study designs that exist in industry and use ideas gained from this study to create their own unique and independent designs .
Projects , Activities , etc .: Using equipment that relates to design application to a substrate such as ; Screen Printing , Vinyl printing and Cutting , Laser Engraving , Dye Sublimating , Hydro Printing , and Direct to image printing . Instructional Focus : Introduction to the graphics industry with an emphasis on computers , lab work and mathematics and technical reading as it relates to the graphics industry
Graphic Design II Prerequisite / Selection Process : Graphic Design I Intended Audience : Grades 9 , 10 , 11 , and 12 Credit : One trimester = 0.5 credit Major Outcomes : More independent use of
• Course work will emphasize advanced printing techniques , an elevated understanding of design composition , concentration on finished career-based design projects , more independent use of the Adobe Creative Suite CC software , and all aspects of Graphic Design .
• Mastery in linking workflow printing and graphic design to career / industry-based Graphic Design .
• An understanding of previous and current printing techniques including : wide-body large format printing , Direct to image transfer printing , screen printing , dedicated photo printing , UV-LED inkjet print & cut printing , Dye Sublimation , laser engraving , hydro-dipping , & packaging design .
Projects , Activities , etc .: Lab work , computer-based software technologies , both on and off campus , field-trips Instructional Focus : Introduction to the Graphics industry with an emphasis on computer technologies , Lab work , and understanding of the printing and design industry .
Graphic Design III Prerequisite / Selection Process : Graphic Design II Intended Audience : Grades 10 , 11 , and 12 Credit : One trimester = 0.5 credit Major Outcomes : More independent use of
• Adobe Creative Suites software
• Students will create printing company and produce orders .
• Screen and offset printing processes in
• Multiple color designs Projects , Activities , etc .: Creation of a manufacturing company with their own logo , screen-printing activities [ shirts , hoodies , mirrors ], and offset printing activities [ memo pads ] Instructional Focus : Introduction to the manufacturing of printing processes , with an emphasis on computers , lab work , and mathematics as it relates to the graphics industry .
Photography [ AP Studio Art : 2-D Design ] Prerequisite / Selection Process : Digital Photography I and Digital Photography II , or teacher recommendation . Intended Audience : Grades 11 and 12 Credit : Two trimesters = 1.0 credit Major Outcomes :
• Photography Composition : Focus of the creative side of an image . Work with unique canvas sizes , i . e ., square , panoramic , circular , etc .
• Camera Technology : In-depth on the use of RAW photography . Best practice with mass storage devices .
• Site Selection : Preparing for a photo-shoot [ both indoor and outdoor ]
• Lighting : Setup studio for photo shoot . Use of light meter to determine correct exposure for an outdoor photo shoot .
• Manipulative software : In-depth . Master the creative techniques photographers use to take an image from just o . k . to really amazing .
Projects , Activities , etc .: Create a Photographic Portfolio of 15-20 unique photographs utilizing various camera , lighting techniques , and software manipulation . Portfolio [ due early May ] will be eligible for submission to the College Board for credit . Instructional Focus : Closely aligned to the requirements of a post-secondary Introductory Digital Photography Course . Project based Portfolio . Work will receive a separate grade from the teacher in addition to a rating from the College Board .
TRANSPORTATION , DISTRIBUTION , AND LOGISTICS
Outdoor Power Equipment Intended Audience : Grades 9 , 10 , 11 , and 12 Credit : One trimester = 0.5 credit Major Outcomes :
• Maintenance and repair of four-stroke small gas engines like those on lawn mowers and snow blowers
• Principles of engine operation with related mathematical principals
Projects , Activities , etc .: Disassemble , overhaul , and reassemble a small engine [ engine will be provided for students ] Instructional Focus : Lab work and classroom study