1. Éminence Organic Skin Care officially opened the Éminence Certified Organic Farm
in the Hungarian countryside. Guests will experience the birthplace of the brand’s most
coveted formulas, learning the beauty of certified organic fruits, herbs, vegetables and
flowers which are used in Éminence’s skin-care products. One purpose of the farm is to
teach future generations about the importance of healthy nutrition and organic farming.
2. Students of Cornell University won the global INNovation Room competition for
hotel management students. Their winning concept offered guests a room service alter-
native with healthy, locally sourced food around the clock using a state-of-the-art
payment system with label sensor tags to charge guest rooms directly.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS
1. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group announced plans to open a new hotel
and branded residences in Honolulu, Hawaii. The 36-story project, which
will include a Spa at Mandarin Oriental, will open in 2020.
2. Now officially open to guests, the Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa
features 201 casita-style guestrooms which naturally weave through the
grounds, allowing guests to take in the fresh desert air.
3. Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane in London, U.K. opened a
Roman-inspired spa in April, evoking the architecture of London’s ancient
Roman history. The spa features eight treatment rooms, including
hammam, indoor swimming pool and more.
4. Spa & Fitness Center at Turnberry Isle Miami in Miami, Florida
opened its newly renovated spa which features 22 treatment rooms, an
Ayurveda treatment area, cryotherapy chamber, yoga studio and more as
well as 70 treatments, including massages, aromatherapy and Japanese
5. Terranea Resort, home of The Spa at Terranea Resort, in Rancho Palos
Verdes, California, updated its main restaurant Catalina Kitchen,
redesigning interiors and exteriors as well as its menus.
6. The Orlando World Center Marriott, home to Spa at the Orlando
World Center Marriott, launched the Central Pantry, a grab-and-go
marketplace focused on fast, fresh gourmet options.
7. Mala + Mantra’s new Be Well Collection has been launched in support
of Wellness for Cancer. For every bracelet and mala sold, Mala + Mantra
will donate five dollars to Wellness for Cancer. As with all Mala + Mantra
products, the bracelet imparts messages of mindfulness and meditation,
which are proven methods that help cancer patients and survivors recover.
Saltability announced a partnership with nonprofit Seagull Services, which promotes
advocacy, workforce development and employment services for teens and adults with
disabilities. Through the partnership, Seagull Services employees will be measuring,
packaging and labeling Saltability products for wholesale and retail purchase.