B Y TA R A S A L A H E L D I N
AND BRIANA LEE
THE SPA SHIFT Announcements marking spa industry players on the move.
● Konrad Grstein has been appointed General Manager at Four Seasons
Hotel Toronto in Toronto, Ontario Canada.
● Stephen Johnson has been appointed General Manager at Gateway
Canyons Resort &Spa in Gateway, Colorado.
● In his new role as Area Director of Spas at Marcus Hotels & Resorts,
Gordon Tareta will oversee Evensong Spa at Heidel House Resort &
Spa in Green Lake, Wisconsin.
● The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club in Naples, Florida has named
Crystal Steere its new Spa Director.
● David Arraya has been appointed Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lanai in Lanai City, Hawaii.
● Philip Clough has joined Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale in Scottsdale, Arizona as Resort Manager.
● Jennifer Cooper has been appointed Director of Club Membership at Kono Kai Resort & Spa, home of
SpaTerre at Kona Kai Resort, in San Diego, California.
Konrad Grstein Stephen Johnson Gordon Tareta
Crystal Steere David Arraya Philip Clough
NEW ON THE MENU
1. Deer Lake Lodge hosted a class on edible plants with expert Mark “Merriwether”
Vorderbruggen. Guests had the opportunity to explore the property and learn about
Texas' edible wild plants and the basics of foraging. The class was in conjunction
with the resort’s regular health and cleansing program.
2. Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa in Rancho Sante Fe, California launched a
customized integrative health and wellness program called the Wellness Collective
which allows guests to improve areas of their life such as fitness, attitude and
perspective, nutrition, sleep, relationships, stress and more. The program is available
to Rancho Valencia members as well as guests and locals in the form of retreats.
1. Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor,
Maryland projects a May 2017 opening for their newly renovated RiverView
2. TAC | The Assistant Company introduced “sense,” their new cloud spa
management tool which allows users to plan bookings and customer service
from smartphones, tablets or laptops.
3. Spa Réveil in Austin, Texas was named winner of the 2017 Top Choice
Award (TAC) in Austin for the Spa category by TAC, an international market
4. Body Bliss announced that the company was recognized with multiple spa
industry awards in 2016, including three Spa & Wellness Mexico product
awards for their Prickly Pear Age Defense Facial Treatment Oil, Regenerative
Neroli Facial Serum and Luminous Vibrational Body Oil.
5. Lake Austin Spa Resort in Austin, Texas was named the number six
wellness retreat in the world in Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards,
one of only five locations in the United States to be recognized on this list.