NEW ON THE MENU
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit has launched a new treatment called The Sunrise Massage for babies which
aims to stimulate the baby’s senses and central nervous system as well as promote sensory and cognitive
development. The resort also offers a Baby’s First Haircut and Baby Concierge services.
1. Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat in Australia has released three new premium accommodation options. The new Meditation Suites are designed to encourage mindfulness,
meditation and yoga practice. All three suites feature a private deck with a day bed,
deep bath, king-sized bed, private laundry facilities and specialty inclusions, such as a
yoga mat, meditation cushion and an iPod with built-in meditation sessions and music.
2. Dr. Mariela Silveira, medical director and co-owner of Kurotel-Longevity Medical
Center and Spa in Brazil, was guest speaker at the 2016 The New York Times Travel
Show. For the first time this year, The New York Times has created a feature totally
devoted to Wellness Travel, and Kurotel, which has recently been recognized with the
Crystal Award for Best Wellness Travel Property in South & Central America, is
honored to represent South America as well as highlight the center’s innovative
approach to brain health.
3. Noel Asmar Group Inc. is now an Official License Merchandise Partner of the Rolex
Kentucky Three-Day Event, taking place April 29 – May 1. Noel Asmar Equestrian will
sponsor several riders at various levels of competition. Noel Asmar offers highperformance technical and transitional styles using innovative fabrics, two-way
zippers and hidden gussets.
4. GOCO Hospitality has acquired Glen Ivy Hot Springs in Corona, California, as well as
an adjacent 65-acre plot. The company plans to expand the property into a 90-room
retreat and wellness resort community. The plan for expansion includes additions such
as a comprehensive wellness center, medi-spa, organic farm, center for holistic
medicine, residential units and more. CEO/President Jim Root and the Glen Ivy team
will continue day-to-day operations of the resort.
5. The parent company of Bon Vital’ has sponsored Nicole Bucar, a member of The
Massage Therapy Foundation’s Running for Research Team, to participate in the 2016
Boston Marathon on April 18. Proceeds from Bucar’s marathon run will benefit the
Massage Therapy Foundation Research initiatives. Additionally, Bon Vital’ and
Thera Pearl products were also given to the entire Running for Research Team to
enhance their training programs.
1. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group and Mayo Clinic Healthy Living Program have joined forces to launch
a healthy living wellness program at the hotel group’s property in Turkey. The program will offer tailormade experiences, including one-day assessments, five-day retreats, and á la carte services in addition
to the resort’s first-class fitness center and offerings like healthy cuisine and wellness classes.
2. The staff at SiSpa at the Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa in Singer Island, Florida has completed
training on spa treatments for guests with cancer. It’s new “Comfort Care Classics” menu features
treatments specifically designed for those suffering or recovering from cancer. SiSpa is the only spa in
Palm Beach County and one of two in Broward County trained in such specialized services.