● to introduce students the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen;
● to get to know Andersen’s life and professional work;
● to read the original tale “The Little Match Girl”
● to understand that there is a way to change our lives and it depends on our thinking and acting;
How to do it? What are children going to do?
● students will find the information about the author or the fairy tale;
● they will create a mindmap with the information about Andersen;
● students will read and watch the original tale “The Little Match Girl”
● they will vote whether they like the end of the story and whether they would like to change it.
● mind mapping;
● cooperative learning
In what way? How children will work?
● in small national teams
Tools to do the task, resources
Name of the project activity: How to be a good storyteller?
Why to do it? ( aims of the task):
● to learn about the structure of the story;
● to learn about the heroes of the story;
● to learn about the language we use in storytelling