It is autumn once again! Time for cardigans, warm tea, autumn leaves and
homey decor. This easy craft is a perfect way to add a little autumn spirit
decor to your home this fall season!
Thin craft wire
Pipe insulator, foam tubing or empty spool of ribbon
A pair of scissors or snips
1. Place your wire through an empty tube. You can use
an empty ribbon roll like I did or an empty paper roll
or a foam pipe insulator.
2. Using the tube as a guide, wrap your twine around
the tube, keeping straight lines and neat rows. You determine
how thick and how neat your pumpkin turns
out at this step.
3. Once you have wrapped your twine, remove it from
the roll, onto the wire and wrap the bundle tightly.
4. Depending on the size or your pumpkin and width
of twine, you may want to make a few “quarter pumpkins”
and hot glue them together.
5. Trim any excess wire or twine.
6. One the coils are glued together, chose a twig or
stick and trim off what you want the stem to be.
7. Glue the twig in the middle of the coils and voila!
You have your seasonal, decorative pumpkins.
8. For ours, we added some fake leaves and berries to
give the craft even more seasonal decor.
9. You can also use different color twine, intertwined
in your wrappings to add a splice of color. We recommend,
red, green or orange.
16 Prerogative Magazine