SPINACH CRÊPES WITH CHICKPEA,
APPLE & TAHINI
Mild Fish Curry
225g buckwheat flour
500ml almond milk
1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
pinch of sea salt
200g spinach, rinsed (or thawed frozen)
10 leaves basil (optional)
Chickpea, Apple & Tahini Filling
3 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon (juice)
2 apples, grated,
sea salt & freshly ground black
pepper, to taste
200ml olive oil
1 large onion sliced
1-2 cm ginger, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tsp sea salt
1½ tsp garam masala
2 tsp paprika
1½ tsp turmeric powder
100ml fish stock or water
400g MSC cod, pollock or hake skinned and cut into 4cm cubes
200ml natural yoghurt
20ml lime juice
1. Place all the crepe ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with
a hand blender until smooth and green. This step can also be done
in a blender.
2. Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a 20cm frying pan on medium heat. Add oil and about 80ml
of the batter, tilting the pan in circles until the batter is evenly
4. Fry for about 1 minute on each side, until the pancakes are golden
and can be turned easily.
5. Fry all of the pancakes and put on a baking sheet to cool off.
Preparing the filling
6. Whisk tahini, oil and lemon juice together in a mixing bowl.
7. Add grated apple, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
8. Add the chickpeas and mix it with your hands until the chickpeas
9. Add a generous dollop of the filling in the centre of each crepe,
fold the crepe over the filling and serve.
1. Heat olive oil in a small frying pan, add onion, ginger, garlic and
salt and sweat over low-medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring
occasionally, or until onion is soft and starting to caramelize.
2. Add spices and cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add stock or water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add fish to pan and stir gently to cover fish with sauce and simmer
for 2 minutes.
5. Add yoghurt and lime juice, remove from heat and stir gently.
6. Serve with steamed rice