STICKY NUT BARS
10 fresh dates (chopped)
2 tbsp water
300g peanut butter (salted)
200g mixed nuts, we used almonds, cashew nuts and pistachio (coarsley
100g coconut flakes
100g sunflower seeds
100g dried fruit (we used raisins, cranberries and goji berries)
1. Coat a spring form tin with baking paper.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together dates, water and peanut butter and
place over low heat.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until the dry ingredients are
coated. Add some more nuts if the mixture feels too moist or some more
water if it is too dry.
4. Pour the mixture in the spring form tin and put in the fridge for half an
5. Cut them into squares before serving.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge (if you don’t like them sticky
you can instead make them as cookies, by baking them in the oven for
about 20-25 minutes at 175°C.