OPTICAL PRISM | EYE OPENER
Booking the exam – take the time to explain what all is included in your exam cost and why it ' s important . The most crucial step — offer to book the exam , doing competitor shops for my clients this step is missed the most . Offering to book is a sign you are confident in what you offer and know you are the best place to take care of their eye health .
Throughout the patient experience
• Standard of Care : take the time to explain special testing , what you are doing and why .
• During exam , talk about eye health and preventive health care .
• Transitioning a patient to a team member , highlight your team ’ s skills . For example , when transitioning a patient to an optician , let them know you are having this optician help because they are especially skilled at fitting progressive task lenses .
Transitioning to contact lens fitter , mention how they are such a good teacher .
Is there a gap between what you want and what reality is ? If there is , fix it !
To identify the gaps :
• ask the team for feedback and observations ;
• pay attention to consumer feedback , view this as a gift versus criticism ;
• Visit other businesses — identify what value they offer that you appreciate .
Consumers will pay for an experience they value
The success of Starbucks is based on their unique value proposition . They offer customers the finest coffee produced by themselves , with strong commitment on creating a global social impact , served in stores that promote a welcoming and warmth sphere where everyone can feel “ like home .”
Your business can charge whatever they like if you have a solid value proposition . If you don ’ t believe me , look at the $ 6 drink you buy regularly at Starbucks . The $ 6 promises more than the drink ; it is about excellent customer service , creating a global social impact , served in stores that promote a welcoming and warmth sphere where everyone can feel “ like home .” OP
OPTICAL PRISM | May 2022 39